Reliving the past, hyped for the future.

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Tournament Signups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Professor Clayton
Admin

PostSuper Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Tournament Signups

Smash Your Way to Victory

With the recent release of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, millions of players across the world have begun to explore the first handheld entry in the series. In order to celebrate, we will be holding a tournament for the new game.

The tournament will be simple, sign up and fight your opponents in 1v1 battles in order to move onto the next round. All matches will be 3 stock matches, with best 2/3 required to advance. All characters can be used in the matches, and you are allowed to switch between matches. All battles are to be done on the Omega form of stages, with no items on (aka, For Glory mode).

If you are interested in joining, let us know in the comments below. Signups will run from today to the 10th of October, or until we reach an even bracket size.

Last edited by Professor Clayton on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Tournament Signups :: Comments

We're at 12/13 now, will begin when we hit 16!
I'm hyped. Although it's nervewracking that one loss could be the end o:
(...KiwiPanda rawrs into the battle! Count me in.)
yay panda~ :3

Now we only need two more~
Hey I want to practice with some of you guys so I can see what I need to do to win this tourney I will open a room at 2PM PST
GCM -- come to the Chatzy. If people are there (generally later at night, I can't promise any time I'll be there other than sometime .__.") they'll usually be up for some Smash. There's a handy link at the very bottom of the page to it. ("VGC Chatzy.")
Count me in. I'll gracefully wipe you off the screen! ...Actually I'm not good at all! I just like to brag, or maybe I'm just playing mind games... Raaaaaaaaaaaaaawr XD
So when is this tourney aiming to start?
The Smash and Little Mac king would like his spot to be held until he can post on here himself. The man I am talking about is a travelling salesman, who is rather happy about his job considering his fate...
So are we at 16 now? With Dash & Happy Mask that'd be the bracket.
If so we can start today, just waiting for confirmation.
Sure. At the moment, I'm not completely overloaded with homework because I was up until 11 PM last night finishing it, and it's still not very good...
Dash wrote:
Sure. At the moment, I'm not completely overloaded with homework because I was up until 11 PM last night finishing it, and it's still not very good...
Teachers: Let's all give the students a bunch of homework and projects so that they can demonstrate mastery of a subject! ...It's not like they enjoy anything other than school. n___n *students come in next day with no sleep and can't take in anything going on*

...On that note, I should probably be going to read the last five chapters of To Kill a Mockingbird before the test on them tomorrow... *sigh why am i so bad at school*
So true panda ;__;

also has the tourney started yet?
It'll start fairly soon, I have to set up a bracket.
The bracket is out. Now, how does this work? Do we just add our opponent as a friend and play our matches, then report the result to you (Professor Clayton)?
xANDREWx12x wrote:
The bracket is out. Now, how does this work? Do we just add our opponent as a friend and play our matches, then report the result to you (Professor Clayton)?
Essentially, yes. You can just post in the tournament thread to prevent confusion.
You do add their friend code, schedule a match with them, and then post the results in the tournament thread.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Good luck all!
I just spent 4 days without internet so i hope i didn't miss the beginning of the tournament D:
Its already over Groose. You lost due to not showing up.

Nah, we just started today. Welcome back.
Are tournament should be like Yugioh tournaments. Unnecessarily long and complex and stuff. Also, is there a prize for the winner? Surprised
GamecubeMan wrote:
Are tournament should be like Yugioh tournaments. Unnecessarily long and complex and stuff.  Also, is there a prize for the winner? Surprised
I am definitely going to consider a prize but nothing is set in stone.
At the very least I'll be giving out Challenge League points for placements.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
8 Bit Forward :: Articles-
Jump to: