Reliving the past, hyped for the future.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterIndie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1 Review10Log in

Indie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

Indie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1 Empty
PostIndie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1

Fuzzy Wuzzy Games

Indie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1 Armill10

What exactly is an Indie Developer? No longer a small, independent developer who cannot find a publisher or create large scale games, the term has evolved to encompass more and more game producing teams. In recent years, the number of Indie Devs has increased to the point where the term is thrown around almost randomly, as everyone jumped onto the bandwagon. In a sense these developers produce what can be described as a range of budget to average priced games.

But just because a game is Indie doesn't mean it has to be good. Far from this, the eShops are becoming increasingly flooded with a near unsortable mix of good and bad games. This series comes in to play, in order to point out who the top Indie Devs are right now, and to show you which games are the best of the eShop. We're not trying to tell you that these are the only games you should buy, we're trying to recommend which developers have produced the best games to date and what their games are.

To start off, we're going to get the ball rolling with Fuzzy Wuzzy Games, developers of Armillo for Wii U. The team was formed back in 2011 by former EA workers who were planning on releasing Armillo as their first game: A 2D mobile phone release. During their first months as a group, Fuzzy Wuzzy Games transformed Armillo through multiple stages, until they hit he final form, a 3D large world platformer.

Indie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1 Large21

Far from the original mobile device release they had planned, Fuzzy Wuzzy Games began looking for a platform to release their first game onto. After being shot down by Microsoft as their type of game did not generally sell well, they learned of Wii U's acceptance of the Unity engine; immediately after Armillo was slated for an eShop release.

Upon release on the Wii U eShop, Armillo recieved a wide range of praise from reviews, many of which can be found in their recently released trailer which you can find here. We said that "Armillo is a must download for platforming fans and puzzle fans alike" in our review earlier this Summer. Armillo is a game which managed to be both creative and fun at the same time, all at a budget price.

And now is your chance to win a copy of Armillo! Users can enter the giveaway by commenting below and answering this question: What would you be most excited to experience in Armillo if you won? This time the giveaway is limited to EU, so EU users gather around as most other giveaways will be NA only! Follow Fuzzy Wuzzy Games on Twitter, follow Armillo's staus on  Twitter and subscribe to their Youtube Channel to stay up to date on their latest projects!
Back to top Go down
https://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Indie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1 :: Comments

Miracleblaze
Re: Indie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1
Post Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:53 pm by Miracleblaze
I'm anticipating the gameplay and the awesome looking 3D graphics~ n_n
Professor Clayton
Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:15 am by Professor Clayton
Congratulations to MiracleBlaze for winning a copy of Armillo! You will be PM'd the code shortly. Smile
We still have another code to giveaway too, so keep the signups coming. :3
Robin Aisaga
Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:07 am by Robin Aisaga
Sometimes I have this feeling like the world is too big. I'm tired of walking to all places! I'm tired of humans asking me to get something! This game makes my dream a (virtual) reality. A small and simple world in which you can roll around. No humans, just obstacles you have to avoid.

Long story short, The world looks pretty charming.
Professor Clayton
Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:36 pm by Professor Clayton
Our time for entries has grown to a close, and we are happy to announce that Sir Anthony has won the second copy of Armillo! Very Happy
Thanks for entering everyone. Smile
Robin Aisaga
Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:46 pm by Robin Aisaga
Thanks a ton Clayton cheers  I will download it right away!

Indie Dev of the Day and Giveaway: Day 1

Page 1 of 1