Reliving the past, hyped for the future.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterTournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups Review10Log in

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups Empty
PostTournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

We Kid You Not

After the upcoming conclusion of our Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, we've decided to launch another 1v1 tournament; this time we've chosen the 3DS hit Kid Icarus Uprising.

While the game is a few years old, it is one which is fondly remembered by many 3DS owners. It was developed mainly by Masahiro Sakurai, who also leads the Smash Bros. series development, and the comepetitive side of Smash Bros. worked its way into Kid Icarus as well once he took over.

As for the tournament, we are currently accepting signups for a friendly tournament, which will be 1 on 1 and have single elimination. We say friendly because we want everyone to feel welcome, but do know that there will be some competitive players involved as well. Even if you're not the best at KI:U, we want everyone to come out and have a friendly match or two and enjoy themselves.

If we have enough signups, a number which we will determine, we will possibly split the bracket into two- friendly and competitive. The defining difference between each is the use of competitive movesets- if you've randomly thrown your weapons and powers together with little to no fusion, we reccomend you sign up for Friendly, though you can go competitive if you wish. If you have played a decent amount and gotten into some weapon fusion, the competitive bracket is for you.

As such, we ask that when you signup you do the following:

Simply post that you'd like to join, with a preference of Competitive or Friendly if we choose to split the brackets.

If you are NOT an 8 Bit Forward registered user, we highly reccomend you do register to simply make use of the PM feature of the site for planning matches. You can still sign up as a non member, though you won't be able to plan out matches very well. If you simply cannot bring yourself to Register, we will mark you as such in the tournament, but you must add your Miiverse account name, Twitter handle or other form of contact so we can reach you.

We will provide a full banlist once the tournament begins. However, for the record, it will probably have about a dozen weapons and half a dozen powers. These should be commonly banned in other tournaments as well, with nothing as a surprise.

Signups will be run until December 10th, 9pm EST. Be sure to signup before that time to enter!

Last edited by Professor Clayton on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups :: Comments

Professor Clayton
Re: Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:43 pm by Professor Clayton
I'm entering, and I'll join the Competitive bracket if one is used.
Tricoloryoshi
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:49 pm by Tricoloryoshi
Look at how not-lonely this sign up is.

Abraxas
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:10 pm by Abraxas
Signing up here. :3

Competitive.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:27 pm by Ryuzaki
I'll join too, for Competitive. Put me down as War Monk.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:30 pm by T.Turamber
I'll join. Competitive.
Will
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:44 pm by AllOut Runner
Sign me up. Competitive.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:32 pm by UŁ_Labon
i will join competitive
NoUsernameHere
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:26 pm by NoUsernameHere
This tourney is D3D...I mean, meh, sign me up, and put me on the fail...I mean, competitive bracket. Razz
Shark pope
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:32 pm by Shark pope
What is the harm to join? :3 (I'll join)
Dash
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:46 pm by Dash
Of course I'm joining. Competitive >:3
Knuckles
Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:33 pm by Knuckles
Dash wrote:
Of course I'm joining. Competitive >:3
Ditto
KiwiPanda
Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:49 pm by KiwiPanda
Well, I guess I've spent enough time with the game to be qualified for the competitive bracket... and on that note, I'm joining.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:49 pm by IC_Lion
Sign me up.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:53 pm by IC_Lion
I will join competitive btw.
Miracleblaze
Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:28 pm by Miracleblaze
Guess I'll join, just so I can go out in a blaze of glory in the first round~ :3
Professor Clayton
Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:06 pm by Professor Clayton
Since 14/14 are signed up for competitive, we will likely have only one bracket, for competitive only.
Abraxas
Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:20 pm by Abraxas
Mmm. Sounds good. :3
Professor Clayton
Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 pm by Professor Clayton
We currently have 15 and will be stopping at 16 fighters... so one slot is open until we begin! Get ready!
Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:06 pm by T.Turamber
I kinda wish it was double elimination. I don't wanna see some good players thrown out the first couple rounds. =w=
Professor Clayton
Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:46 pm by Professor Clayton
T.Turamber wrote:
I kinda wish it was double elimination. I don't wanna see some good players thrown out the first couple rounds. =w=
From past experience having Double Elimination tends to result in incomplete tournaments. I don't know why. But people just don't seem to be as willing to set up matches then for some reason.

If everybody wants double elimination we can definitely use it, but I'm cautious as it can cause the tournament to drag on forever if done wrong...
Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:15 pm by T.Turamber
True. But you could also set dates that each match has to be fought by. If a player doesn't show at any reasonable time to have the match before then, he forfeits the round.
Professor Clayton
Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:17 pm by Professor Clayton
T.Turamber wrote:
True. But you could also set dates that each match has to be fought by. If a player doesn't show at any reasonable time to have the match before then, he forfeits the round.
We actually do follow this method and still some people haven't shown up and it has resulted in a lot of waiting around. But I'm still open to it if everyone else is.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:19 pm by Laroc
If you don't have that last fighter yet, I'll join. Competitive.
Professor Clayton
Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:21 pm by Professor Clayton
And with @Laroc we have 16 fighters entered! I'll have a random bracket put up before tomorrow, and we can begin when everybody is ready. Smile

If anybody else would like to sign up as an alternate, they can feel free to do so still. Odds are someone will quit and you can hop in their place before the round ends.

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next