Reliving the past, hyped for the future.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterTournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups - Page 3 Review10Log in

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups - Page 3 Empty
PostTournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

We Kid You Not

After the upcoming conclusion of our Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, we've decided to launch another 1v1 tournament; this time we've chosen the 3DS hit Kid Icarus Uprising.

While the game is a few years old, it is one which is fondly remembered by many 3DS owners. It was developed mainly by Masahiro Sakurai, who also leads the Smash Bros. series development, and the comepetitive side of Smash Bros. worked its way into Kid Icarus as well once he took over.

As for the tournament, we are currently accepting signups for a friendly tournament, which will be 1 on 1 and have single elimination. We say friendly because we want everyone to feel welcome, but do know that there will be some competitive players involved as well. Even if you're not the best at KI:U, we want everyone to come out and have a friendly match or two and enjoy themselves.

If we have enough signups, a number which we will determine, we will possibly split the bracket into two- friendly and competitive. The defining difference between each is the use of competitive movesets- if you've randomly thrown your weapons and powers together with little to no fusion, we reccomend you sign up for Friendly, though you can go competitive if you wish. If you have played a decent amount and gotten into some weapon fusion, the competitive bracket is for you.

As such, we ask that when you signup you do the following:

Simply post that you'd like to join, with a preference of Competitive or Friendly if we choose to split the brackets.

If you are NOT an 8 Bit Forward registered user, we highly reccomend you do register to simply make use of the PM feature of the site for planning matches. You can still sign up as a non member, though you won't be able to plan out matches very well. If you simply cannot bring yourself to Register, we will mark you as such in the tournament, but you must add your Miiverse account name, Twitter handle or other form of contact so we can reach you.

We will provide a full banlist once the tournament begins. However, for the record, it will probably have about a dozen weapons and half a dozen powers. These should be commonly banned in other tournaments as well, with nothing as a surprise.

Signups will be run until December 10th, 9pm EST. Be sure to signup before that time to enter!

Last edited by Professor Clayton on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups :: Comments

WHAT?!
Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:45 pm by PezUL
ok, why! dost it say shark pope beat me?! i'm still in!
Professor Clayton
Re: Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups
Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:28 am by Professor Clayton
PezUL wrote:
ok, why! dost it say shark pope beat me?! i'm still in!
It doesn't say he beat you. Since he made it to round 2 before losing, shark pope goes to round 2 of the loser's bracket.

You're still waiting for your round 1 loser's bracket matchup- which will be either Knuckles or Ryuzaki. The winner of your next match will then advance on and face shark pope. Smile
Post Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:12 pm by PezUL
this tournament is takeing to long...
Shark pope
Post Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:03 pm by Shark pope
Btw Pez, we didn't fight yet, we might be ending up fighting later, depends if you win your match or not, I lost against T.T, it explains why I am ahead of you
Professor Clayton
Post Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:01 pm by Professor Clayton
After the weekend anyone inactive will take a loss in order to keep the tournament going. Post to make sure I know you're here.
Post Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:02 pm by T.Turamber
I'm here ofc. Can battle Laroc anytime, but we are waiting till everyone else catches up.
I'M ACTIVE!
Post Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:32 pm by PezUL
I'm still here
Shark pope
Post Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 pm by Shark pope
I'm here, but in the water being a sharkerinos
Battle?
Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 am by PezUL
want to battle shark pope? or do i already have your FC...
FIGHT ME!
Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 am by PezŪŁ
Anyone who wants to battle l'll fight you. My friend code is: 1006-1088-7390 I hope to battle you all!
Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:05 pm by Laroc
Yawn. Still waiting for everyone else to catch up :l
Shark pope
Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:16 pm by Shark pope
This is rather taking forever, why not just take out the people who are inactive?
Professor Clayton
Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:15 pm by Professor Clayton
Shark pope wrote:
This is rather taking forever, why not just take out the people who are inactive?
I'm going to tomorrow.
Tricoloryoshi
Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:39 pm by Tricoloryoshi
/me puts Brax out of his matchmaking misery
Professor Clayton
Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:44 pm by Professor Clayton
Since Tricolor responded to give him the activity loss.

I'm going to try and get Happy Mask to sub in for Ryuazaki, but if there isn't a response very quickly I'll just give the activity loss and move on.
Masking
Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:20 am by Masking
Oh, a spot freed up? Rad. Though I know I'll immediately be left with a gaping hole in my chest from a certain laser staff. D:
I'm here
Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:15 am by PezUL
still here
Abraxas
Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:47 am by Abraxas
Beat Will 3-0 today. Informing you here because I couldn't contact you elsewhere.
Professor Clayton
Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 am by Professor Clayton
Abraxas wrote:
Beat Will 3-0 today. Informing you here because I couldn't contact you elsewhere.
Thanks, I already added it in. Bracket
Abraxas
Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:59 am by Abraxas
All right, thank you.
Shark pope
Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:42 pm by Shark pope
Take me out of the tourny, I don't want to do anything with KI:U anymore, I quit the game as of today
Knuckles
Post Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 am by Knuckles
We are sorry to hear that you are dropping out of the tourney, and KI:U in general. We will update the bracket.
Professor Clayton
Post Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:01 am by Professor Clayton
Knuckles wrote:
We are sorry to hear that you are dropping out of the tourney, and KI:U in general. We will update the bracket.
I can't actually take him out until you and Masking face, and the loser tuen has their loser's bracket match.
So Shark Pope still has some time to reconsider, but once it gets to the point where he can be removed, he will be.
Shark pope
Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:42 am by Shark pope
Remove me if you want, I don't really care anymore, I'm quitting cause I suck a lot >_>
Shark pope
Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:43 am by Shark pope
So I'll just quit the tourny, take me out otherwords, I quit the tourny

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next