Reliving the past, hyped for the future.
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 SDK Spriter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Clayton
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1108
Points : 65
Join date : 2014-03-23

PostSubject: SDK Spriter   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:25 am

SDK Spriter is set to be a pixel version of SDK paint with a unique focus on sprite work.

Hullbreach Studios wrote:
SDK Spriter for Wii U is your all-in-one studio for creating spritesheets, tilesets, parallax layered tilemaps, and simple levels that fully animate the combination of all the artwork.

The sprites can be sized 16x16, 16x32, 32x32, 32x64, and 64x64 (pixels), each with 8 frames of animation and 4 compass directions. Tiles can be sized 16x16, 32x32, and 64x64 (pixels), all mapped into tilesets that are 1024x1024 (pixels). Tilemaps can be 7 layers and up to 64x64 (tiles) each.

Levels can contain a tilemap, an avatar sprite, and 16 other animated sprites!

The application is set to release in 2015. Are you interested in drawing and animating sprites on the Gamepad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
GreenDragon

avatar

Posts : 76
Points : 0
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: SDK Spriter   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:47 am

Where is it for? for what gamepad. Where does it come out on?

_________________


3DS FC: 0619-4401-7962
NNID: DfgDave
PSN: AppeltjeEitje96
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor Clayton
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1108
Points : 65
Join date : 2014-03-23

PostSubject: Re: SDK Spriter   Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:57 am

GreenDragon wrote:
Where is it for? for what gamepad. Where does it come out on?

I put it in the Wii U eShop forum because that's where it is releasing. Wink
Also I don't think there's any other gamepad besides the Wii U one.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
GreenDragon

avatar

Posts : 76
Points : 0
Join date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: SDK Spriter   Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:08 am

Professor Clayton wrote:
GreenDragon wrote:
Where is it for? for what gamepad. Where does it come out on?

I put it in the Wii U eShop forum because that's where it is releasing. Wink
Also I don't think there's any other gamepad besides the Wii U one.

That's true. But what program is it excactly, is it only for pixel spriting?

_________________


3DS FC: 0619-4401-7962
NNID: DfgDave
PSN: AppeltjeEitje96
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor Clayton
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1108
Points : 65
Join date : 2014-03-23

PostSubject: Re: SDK Spriter   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:30 pm

GreenDragon wrote:
Professor Clayton wrote:
GreenDragon wrote:
Where is it for? for what gamepad. Where does it come out on?

I put it in the Wii U eShop forum because that's where it is releasing. Wink
Also I don't think there's any other gamepad besides the Wii U one.

That's true. But what program is it excactly, is it only for pixel spriting?

The studio recently released SDK Paint, which is a painting/drawing app. So I assume this one is for pixel art only. I'm not sure on the details yet as they haven't been released but I'll keep the thread updated with new info.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SDK Spriter   

Back to top Go down
 
SDK Spriter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
8 Bit Forward :: Nintendo Gaming :: Wii U eShop-
Jump to: