Reliving the past, hyped for the future.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterTournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups - Page 2 Review10Log in

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups - Page 2 Empty
PostTournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

We Kid You Not

After the upcoming conclusion of our Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, we've decided to launch another 1v1 tournament; this time we've chosen the 3DS hit Kid Icarus Uprising.

While the game is a few years old, it is one which is fondly remembered by many 3DS owners. It was developed mainly by Masahiro Sakurai, who also leads the Smash Bros. series development, and the comepetitive side of Smash Bros. worked its way into Kid Icarus as well once he took over.

As for the tournament, we are currently accepting signups for a friendly tournament, which will be 1 on 1 and have single elimination. We say friendly because we want everyone to feel welcome, but do know that there will be some competitive players involved as well. Even if you're not the best at KI:U, we want everyone to come out and have a friendly match or two and enjoy themselves.

If we have enough signups, a number which we will determine, we will possibly split the bracket into two- friendly and competitive. The defining difference between each is the use of competitive movesets- if you've randomly thrown your weapons and powers together with little to no fusion, we reccomend you sign up for Friendly, though you can go competitive if you wish. If you have played a decent amount and gotten into some weapon fusion, the competitive bracket is for you.

As such, we ask that when you signup you do the following:

Simply post that you'd like to join, with a preference of Competitive or Friendly if we choose to split the brackets.

If you are NOT an 8 Bit Forward registered user, we highly reccomend you do register to simply make use of the PM feature of the site for planning matches. You can still sign up as a non member, though you won't be able to plan out matches very well. If you simply cannot bring yourself to Register, we will mark you as such in the tournament, but you must add your Miiverse account name, Twitter handle or other form of contact so we can reach you.

We will provide a full banlist once the tournament begins. However, for the record, it will probably have about a dozen weapons and half a dozen powers. These should be commonly banned in other tournaments as well, with nothing as a surprise.

Signups will be run until December 10th, 9pm EST. Be sure to signup before that time to enter!

Last edited by Professor Clayton on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups :: Comments

Abraxas
Re: Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups
Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:37 pm by Abraxas
I would go for double elimination method with inactivity drops.
this sight is so hard to use
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:48 am by ULpez
competitive. nintendo network ID:pez33333
Abraxas
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:56 am by Abraxas
There. That's 16. Where's the bracket that was supposed to be up before today?

~also on another note I will be competing in another tournament and will be gone until 10pm PST Saturday.
Start when?
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:06 am by PezŪŁ
when is this going to start?

-also, were is the band list? brawler without light wight are not banned right?
Never enough
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 am by PezŪŁ
I counted only 15 sine ups with me.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm by T.Turamber
How many rounds per match? Hopefully best out of 5 at least. I hate it when I don't have a couple matches to warm up in.
Professor Clayton
Sorry to keep you waiting!
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:47 pm by Professor Clayton
Alright, the tournament has officially begun! While I don't have time to type up an official post at the minute, I'm sure some of you will appreciate knowing the matchups and the rules.
Firstly, here is the bracket: We're hosting it on Challonge.
The tournament WILL be DOUBLE elimination, so if you lose, you can still win the whole thing... you just need to play well.
As for rules, they will essentially carry over from our last tournament for Kid Icarus, and are as follows:
Dash wrote:
Rules: No banlist weapons (Taurus Arm, Magnus Club, Eyetrack Orbitars, Gemini Orbitars, Predator Cannon, Capricorn Club, Angel Bow, Compact Arm, Ninja Palm, Brawler Claws, Raptor Claws, and Altus Club).
No banlist powers (Libra Sponge, Aries Armor, Playing Dead, Trade-Off, Pisces Heal, Bumblebee, and Slip Shot).

If you are unresponsive for one week, you automatically lose one battle. Sorry, but I don't want this tournament to last forever. This means that as long as you're posting saying that you're still participating in the tourney but have been busy but can battle soon, you're fine.

Items are to be left on normal.
No handicaps.
Time is to be left at whatever you and who you're battling agrees on. If you don't talk about it, assume 3 minutes (the preset option).

Those are the rules. And matches will be best 2/3 until round 2 in both the winners and loser's brackets, where the matches will be best 3/5. This ensures that early matchups can be set up easier and that final battles are more fair. Basically the first round in both brackets is best 2/3 and then increases up to 3/5 if you win.

If there are any concerns, let me know and I'll adress them. I'll also try to have a more official looking post up tomorrow, but for now this is all the information you'll need. We'll be giving people until the 20th to arrive before they take an activity loss as well, so long as their opponent was active and @summoned them. ie, post so we know you're here every couple of days.

Good luck to everyone!

(Also, calling @Laroc to battle me in this round, when are you available?)
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:06 pm by IC_Lion
I'm still in!
Shark pope
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:18 pm by Shark pope
When ever my opponent is ready
Professor Clayton
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:20 pm by Professor Clayton
Someone asked a good question: We are scoring by points.
Shark pope
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:30 pm by Shark pope
By points? I thought by kills
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:34 pm by Laroc
If I am online here, I am probably available.
Shark pope
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:16 pm by Shark pope
I will NOT be available Saturday but I should be Sunday
Will
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:57 pm by AllOut Runner
I'll be available Saturdays, Sundays after noon eastern. Weekdays r shaky.
lost in the caos
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:59 pm by PezŪŁ
how do we know who we are going to battle. i'm still in.
Professor Clayton
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:03 pm by Professor Clayton
PezŪŁ wrote:
how do we know who we are going to battle. i'm still in.
You can check the bracket anytime here: The Bracket
items are lame
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:26 pm by PezŪŁ
im so pumped! i probably wwont make it past the first bracket, but still...
i suck
Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:47 pm by PezŪŁ
I lost to loin. it was 1-5 then 2-2 he had more points so he won.
I'm alive
Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:28 pm by PezŪŁ
I will be gone today
Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:42 pm by IC_Lion
I don't want in on the tourney anymore. Consider me out.
Shark pope
Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:46 pm by Shark pope
I'm available, just gonna wait for my opponent's words so we could fight
Masking
Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:47 pm by Masking
If my beloved claws are once again allowed to do some backstabbing, I'll gladly join in.  It'll be nice to  get the band back together, though I'm not gonna lie, would've preferred some L vs D.  Razz

Oh, and place me on the competitive side please. While I can't hold my own against anyone there, those in the more casual side of things don't know how unpredictable and cowardl- I mean "strategic" I can be.
Professor Clayton
Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:53 pm by Professor Clayton
Masking wrote:
If my beloved claws are once again allowed to do some backstabbing, I'll gladly join in.  It'll be nice to  get the band back together, though I'm not gonna lie, would've preferred some L vs D.  Razz

Oh, and place me on the competitive side please.  While I can't hold my own against anyone there, those in the more casual side of things don't know how unpredictable and cowardl- I mean "strategic" I can be.  
The tournament has started, but I'm sure a spot will open up from inactivity this round. Smile
Masking
Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:05 pm by Masking
Woop, I completely missed some details there, didn't I? I just assumed from the "upcoming conclusion" thing that signups would go on until then. ._." But sure, if somebody doesn't show up I'd gladly take their place. Not like I'll last terribly long anyway.
Will
Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:47 pm by AllOut Runner
I talked to my opponent, and he cant fight until after Friday. Just saying.

Tournament: Kid Icarus: Uprising - Signups

Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next