Reliving the past, hyped for the future.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterSuper Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament Review10Log in

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament

Go down 
+5
Zalbet
Cap'n Pancakes
NoUsernameHere
3DSfan134
Professor Clayton
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament Falcon10

Introducing: The 8 Bit Forward Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament

Come one, come all, and join in the fun with our very first Smash Bros tournament ever! In addition to this tournament, all future tournaments will be held in the 8 Bit Challenge League forum- and will reward users points based on where they place!

Rules:

For this tournament, we are going to begin things very simply:

• No Items.
  • All Characters except Miis.
  • No Customizations.
  • Final Destination form of Stages ONLY
  • 3 Stock Matches.
  • No disconnecting from the match. If your WiFi kicks you out repeatedly, you probably shouldn't be playing with it. If you have a controller issue, simply self destruct twice, immediately, and resetup the controls. If a match reset occurs, no changing characters.

All matches will be 1v1 matches, with the required number of victories varying based on where you are in the bracket.

Beginning matches will be Best 2/3, with the third match not required if a player wins the first 2.

Semifinals and Finals in both Winners and Losers Brackets will be Best 3/5.

You ARE allowed to switch characters between matches. You may use any allowed characters in any order you choose.

In order to keep the tournament on schedule, participants will need to check in DAILY to see how the bracket is progressing and if their opponent is ready. This cannot be stressed enough. If you are here for a few days, and your opponent doesn't show up, please post every other day, or so, so we give you the activity win. If you don't post, you weren't here as far as we can tell.

When a player's matchup is available, they have 3 days to post that they are aware, and a week to set up a time for a match with an opponent. If extra time is desperately needed, this is fine, and there will be an extension on a need basis. Players who don't plan until one of the last days, and then ask for an extension, will not be given one.

In order to signup, simply post below that you would like to enter. You'll be added and notified when we are beginning. Please keep an eye on the tournament as we accept submissions, as we are beginning on Wednesday this week, with submissions ending at 9pm EST on Tuesday.

Best of luck to all who enter!
Back to top Go down
https://8bitforward.forumotion.com
Miracleblaze

Miracleblaze

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Sign me up! Here's hoping I can make it further than the 1st round this time. Razz
Back to top Go down
KiwiPanda
Article Contributor
KiwiPanda

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:57 pm

I'll join. :3

Hopefully this one will get finished. :sweat: I have faith. <333
Back to top Go down
Dash
Level Infinity Epic Super God... Plus!
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 12:19 pm

I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.backloggery.com/3dangerous3dash
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Well, so far we have four participants. Smile
Back to top Go down
3DSfan134

3DSfan134

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm signing up! (At least it's not on 3DS, my was lost/stolen ;_; )
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 7:43 pm

I want in on this. I'll probably get destroyed on the first matchup, but I'm okay with it if I do get destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Cap'n Pancakes

Cap'n Pancakes

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Might as well join. Even though I'm not very good at Smash, I feel like I have a better chance here than in Uprising.
Back to top Go down
http://16bitheaven.weebly.com
Zalbet
Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:56 pm

I'm in.
              Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament Sig
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 7:04 pm

And that makes eight fighters! I'll have the bracket up tomorrow, so come in then to set up your match. Smile
Back to top Go down
Miracleblaze

Miracleblaze

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:27 am

This should be fun. At the very least, the fact that there's 8 of us rather than 16 should guarantee that we get finished. :3
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:34 pm

@MiracleBlaze We've finished with 16 before: http://challonge.com/8BitForward

The bracket is live now! Here it is for you all to see: The Bracket
I highly recommend bookmarking that or this thread to check back often.

Matches are:

@KiwiPanda vs @NoUsernameHere
@Dash vs @3DSFan134
@Professor Clayton vs @Zalbet
@Miracleblaze vs @Cap'n Pancakes

Participants have until the end of Saturday to post that they are available and to begin setting up match times.
You have until next Saturday to then have the match done. But remember, if everyone is done before then we can move on sooner, so try to get them finished ASAP.
If you want to contact a person quickly, try posting on both this thread and their Backloggery, if they have one (which I believe all 8 of us do, actually).

Matches will all be Best 2/3 this round.

Please try to have both sides confirm the winner in the thread to make sure everyone is on the same page.

If you lose, don't leave! There's a loser's bracket you can still come back from to win!

Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Dash
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Boo, we should've been able to predict brackets

3DSFan, I have all day today to fight, so if you're ready to go today then we can get this done fast.
Back to top Go down
Miracleblaze

Miracleblaze

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:46 pm

@Cap'n Pancakes - Does this weekend suit you at all? I should be free for most of it~ :3
Back to top Go down
Cap'n Pancakes

Cap'n Pancakes

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 3:38 pm

@Miracleblaze
I'm open pretty much all weekend. I replied to your PM on Backloggery as well, so just let me know what time you want to work out.
Back to top Go down
http://16bitheaven.weebly.com
Knuckles
SEGA Admin
SEGA Admin
Knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 am

So, big news for Evo 2015. Custom Moves allowed for Smash 4. Equipment is not allowed, but for instance, Link's Boomerang 1 can now be changed for Links Boomerang 2 and still be legal.

If only For Glory allowed this.
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Knuckles wrote:
So, big news for Evo 2015. Custom Moves allowed for Smash 4. Equipment is not allowed, but for instance, Link's Boomerang 1 can now be changed for Links Boomerang 2 and still be legal.

If only For Glory allowed this.
It's been confirmed for EVO 2015 since Apex ended. The only reason it hit the news recently was because they didn't put the fact in their updated rules when they changed something else, and everyone caught wind of it. The guy responded within an hour that they were still in.

I think this will be cool, definitely helps characters like Link and WFT who have strong custom moves.
Back to top Go down
Knuckles
SEGA Admin
SEGA Admin
Knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Palutena is now a strong contender for variety.
Also, I knew it was being talked about after Apex, but I didn't expect it to actually go through.
Back to top Go down
Miracleblaze

Miracleblaze

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:30 pm

@Cap'n_Panackes and I played our games, and I won 2-0 (when we eventually got past the lag, anyhow Razz ). GGs. :3
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:53 pm

@KiwiPanda Any time you'll be available? Smile
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:04 pm

@Zalbet and I are scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I've updated the bracket with the current results!
Back to top Go down
KiwiPanda
Article Contributor
KiwiPanda

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:40 pm

I should be able to play at the very latest on Saturday, NUH. Most likely we'll see each other in chat sometime before then.
Back to top Go down
KiwiPanda
Article Contributor
KiwiPanda

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Clay was in the chat room when it happened, but I managed to beat NUH. His main is becoming a lot harder to deal with. .______.""

Last edited by KiwiPanda on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Round 1 is complete! Here is the updated bracket: Bracket

The current matchups are:
Winners:
@KiwiPanda vs @3DSFan134
@Professor Clayton vs @MiracleBlaze
Losers:
@NoUsernameHere vs @Dash
@Zalbet vs @Cap'n Pancakes

All matches are still best 2/3 at this point.

Everyone post here so I know you've seen this message, and plan a match with your opponent!
Back to top Go down
Dash
Dash

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:31 pm

NUH, I'm through the roof with work right now. I probably will be until after next Monday. If anything changes and I have time to fight, then I'll be in the chatbox when I say so since I won't be able to predict the future with this kind of thing for the upcoming week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next