Reliving the past, hyped for the future.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterMajor Game Creation Thread - Page 2 Review10Log in

Major Game Creation Thread

Go down 
+4
Dash
NoUsernameHere
Tricoloryoshi
Professor Clayton
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Justice
Graphics Designer
Justice

Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Corsola OP wrote:
Wow
I didn't think so many people would have it since it's so expensive. :-?
Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 Poker_face
Back to top Go down
Tricoloryoshi

Tricoloryoshi

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Piracy is bad. U_U
Back to top Go down
Noob_The_Third

Noob_The_Third

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Maybe this leader who likes learning thinks that kids aren't learning enough, so he makes all kids have to be in school 24/7 and the characters have to stop him.
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:03 am

Uhh...yeah. I'm considering restarting the project. I haven't gotten real far into it anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:15 am

Alright, where would you go with it NUH?
Back to top Go down
https://8bitforward.forumotion.com
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Professor Clayton wrote:
Alright, where would you go with it NUH?
Huh, dunno...but I'd love to make it as unique as possible...
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 10:29 pm

here's an idea~ You start off in the beginning by playing as the villians, or who appear to be the villians. They are seemingly killing the heroes of the game, at least that is what it seems. Then, you stage the whole game as a flashback explaining to the "heroes" why they are wrong and the "villians" are right. 

So in the flashback, you actually play the game as the "villians" who are only trying to do what is right. Then at the end of the flashback, it goes back to th opening scene... and they team up to beat the game~ 
Back to top Go down
Knuckles
SEGA Admin
SEGA Admin
Knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:44 am

Reminds me of SA2s split storyline, and also how Naked Snake turns out to be Big Boss, a "villain" of MG. If you knew his story he is a hero, not a villain.
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Alright, here's an idea:

You begin as of all things, a psychiatric set in modern day Hawaii, on an island which is an active volcano. Not just any one though; you are world famous for being able to solve any case. There is no client too bizarre for you to handle, until one day that is. A young boy, Luke, enters your business, which changes your life forever. The boy is having nightmares of a tall mountain off in the distance, and as you look into his dreams you sense an evil presence, calling you. Seeking out this evil monster you know will cure Luke, and you set off to the top of Mount Butts, a smoking volcano. On the top, after an exhausting climb introducing the battle system, you find a strange scene. Three people you've never seen before are fighting the evil monster you envisioned, but are quickly losing. They shout at you, but you cannot hear them over the roaring of the monster. Suddenly, the volcano begins to erupt, and the monster opens a portal to the future! The three warriors follow it in, and as lava approaches, you throw Luke into the portal and follow, as the lava creeps ever closer.
In your new setting, you are lost and confused. This is no mere Kawaii island, it seems... different. And you are alone, Luke nowhere to be found. As you set off, you find yourself in a new land... of the year 22XX! Kawaii island has bloomed into a large metropolis; a growing city buzzing with people. Heading into land, you see a strange statue of a man, who you recognize as one of the three people you followed into the portal! And thus, your adventure to find them begins...
...and you suddenly are ambushed by the government! Taken captive against your will, you meet Captain Snot, and as you joke about her name, she mentions it was given to her for knocking the snot out of her friends. You shut up. She explains how, in this time, the government keeps ID tags on every human alive. During birth, a chip is inserted into every baby, in order to keep them all in ceck and safe. The chip can read minds, and track them for security. But, you don't have a chip. You don't have a record, the only one, and they need your help to defeat...........

I'll continue on if anybody likes this idea; I'm kinda coming up with it as I go but have a rough outline.

Sherman: It's cool. The only problem is, as seen in Chrono Trrigger, only 3 people (bodies) can travel through a time warp at the same time. 
Prof: Alright; the monster and 2 people go 16:47
Prof: then we throw in a CT reference and have the third guy open another portal 16:47
Prof: which Luke & MU go through 
Back to top Go down
Noob_The_Third

Noob_The_Third

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:40 pm

I like the part with the kawaii island.
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:49 pm

...the three people you originally followed into the portal! They have taken over the government, corrupting chips and threatening death. Speaking of death, the government threatens to kill you if you don't comply. Even though you don't necessarily agree with their ideals, you hastily agree to living. They then explain how the three people you are after are named Nus, Noom and Ecaps. They comprise the organization called DOOMSDAY, Doing Outrageously Ordinary Marches Silently During All Yesterday. [Note: The name possibly serves a purpose later, in a puzzle of course, involving you sneaking around]
Moving to char. development, Nus Noom and Ecaps all have their own cool things about them. Nus is a user of light, yellow and draped in heavenly robes with a fiery personality. Noom is Nus' counterpart; cool and calm while appearing in a dark outfit. Ecaps is the leader of sorts of the trio, and is more of a tactical thinker. He dresses in sleek blue clothes, and speaks with capital E's. (ie, He'd say: "HEllo pErson, nicE to mEEt you.")
Their names are Sun, Moon and Space backwards, and their names all play an integral part to the story. Essentially, The Sun Moon and Space are all disappearing in the future. They are absorbing their powers in remote locations across Hawaii; Nus in a Volcano, Noom in a deep Jungle, and Ecaps in a dense city containing a fortress. Entering all of these locations compromises the game, as you attempt to shatter their giant weapons of mass absorption to weaken them, find and kill them.

Just some more nonsense~
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:08 pm

So the game will be 8-Bit style. Correct? Because I could definitely do it in a 16, 32 or 64 Bit style. (64 is the highest I can go tho)
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 am

You can decide whatever you'd like NUH; but 8 would be easiest.
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 7:24 pm

One of the characters, needs to be Hairy. Then we can have so many Harry Potter references. Like:

You're a wizard Harry!
My name IS NOT HARRY!

And then the one dude can follow him around the whole time, thinking he's a wizard.
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Professor Clayton wrote:
One of the characters, needs to be Hairy. Then we can have so many Harry Potter references. Like:

You're a wizard Harry!
My name IS NOT HARRY!

And then the one dude can follow him around the whole time, thinking he's a wizard.
Hmm...that's an idea...it wouldn't affect anything in the game probably, but it'd still be a funny idea.

Any more ideas folks?
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Sorry for the double post, but this is some pixel art I've been working on.

https://2img.net/h/oi59.tinypic.com/5u4yg1.jpg

Is this any good for an art style? (It's a test, it probably won't be in the game, but I wanna see how people think of it.)
Back to top Go down
Professor Clayton
Admin
Professor Clayton

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:43 pm

I think it looks good, just a little stiff.
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 am

So I intend to make a new 3D Platformer/Shooter/Adventure game, called The Adventures of Will and Roberto, which takes place in Year 2064. Will and Roberto are two buddies who live together (Will, an 18 Year Old Pizza Delivery Boy, and Roberto, a tiny robotic buddy who is always at Will's side even when they're apart) and they've always been friends since their childhood. However, one day, Will gets fired from his job, and he comes home angrily, and turns on the TV. Will finds an ad on TV about an Intergalactic Package Delivery Company, and two weeks later he completes training and is hired. A day after that, Will and Roberto set out for their first job, a delivery to the Kumakana Temple on Planet Kumakana. When they land on Kumakana, an exotic like planet, they see the news on a TV inside someone's house. Assassins are out to murder any Intergalactic Package Delivery Boy at InterG Corp. (The shipping company that Will and Roberto are going through.) They get attacked in the temple, however, they manage to defeat them. But the assassins thought that Will and Roberto's luck would eventually run out.

Later on, 2 Days later, Will and Roberto set out for Planet X, a swamp like planet. They catch the news again, and it turns out that the assassins were hired by InterG Corp. to kill Will. They wanted nothing to do with Roberto, but they wanted Will to die.

Later that night, Will was back at his apartment, taking a shower. When suddenly, three masked figures knock on his door...

I think this is a lot for now, so I'll continue it in the next post.
Back to top Go down
3DSfan134

3DSfan134

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 am

NoUsernameHere wrote:
So I intend to make a new 3D Platformer/Shooter/Adventure game, called The Adventures of Will and Roberto, which takes place in Year 2064. Will and Roberto are two buddies who live together (Will, an 18 Year Old Pizza Delivery Boy, and Roberto, a tiny robotic buddy who is always at Will's side even when they're apart) and they've always been friends since their childhood. However, one day, Will gets fired from his job, and he comes home angrily, and turns on the TV. Will finds an ad on TV about an Intergalactic Package Delivery Company, and two weeks later he completes training and is hired. A day after that, Will and Roberto set out for their first job, a delivery to the Kumakana Temple on Planet Kumakana. When they land on Kumakana, an exotic like planet, they see the news on a TV inside someone's house. Assassins are out to murder any Intergalactic Package Delivery Boy at InterG Corp. (The shipping company that Will and Roberto are going through.) They get attacked in the temple, however, they manage to defeat them. But the assassins thought that Will and Roberto's luck would eventually run out.

Later on, 2 Days later, Will and Roberto set out for Planet X, a swamp like planet. They catch the news again, and it turns out that the assassins were hired by InterG Corp. to kill Will. They wanted nothing to do with Roberto, but they wanted Will to die.

Later that night, Will was back at his apartment, taking a shower. When suddenly, three masked figures knock on his door...

I think this is a lot for now, so I'll continue it in the next post.
The idea looks great other than Ruby Legends but still that looks like it might be on a Nintendo system.  Thinking 

Just maybe it might...... Thinking 
Back to top Go down
NoUsernameHere
Admin
NoUsernameHere

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 am

...Will puts on his clothes behind the curtains and opens the door. The masked figures stuff him in a bag! They carry him off to Planet Zenlona, an industrial planet, also housing the headquarters of InterG Corp. Then, Roberto finds the Grey Xeno (Will's ship) in an empty lot near Will and Roberto's apartment. He secretly takes off in it unnoticed, and flies to Zenlona. He fights off any assassins and robots that come his way in the city, and eventually gets to the headquarters, where he uses the air vents and sewers as his way of traveling until he reaches the room where Will is being held captive. Then suddenly, the boss of InterG attacks! While it is extremely tough, the boss is defeated, and Roberto rescues Will. Then, they escape the building and it self-destructs, ending InterG Corp forever. However, that's not the end of it, no sir!

There is more, but I don't want to spoil it, so that is all for now. How is it?

@3DSfan It may make an appearance on a Nintendo console...in 2025 maybe.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
3DSfan134

3DSfan134

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 am

NoUsernameHere wrote:
...Will puts on his clothes behind the curtains and opens the door. The masked figures stuff him in a bag! They carry him off to Planet Zenlona, an industrial planet, also housing the headquarters of InterG Corp. Then, Roberto finds the Grey Xeno (Will's ship) in an empty lot near Will and Roberto's apartment. He secretly takes off in it unnoticed, and flies to Zenlona. He fights off any assassins and robots that come his way in the city, and eventually gets to the headquarters, where he uses the air vents and sewers as his way of traveling until he reaches the room where Will is being held captive. Then suddenly, the boss of InterG attacks! While it is extremely tough, the boss is defeated, and Roberto rescues Will. Then, they escape the building and it self-destructs, ending InterG Corp forever. However, that's not the end of it, no sir!

There is more, but I don't want to spoil it, so that is all for now. How is it?

@3DSfan It may make an appearance on a Nintendo console...in 2025 maybe.  Razz 
Yeah maybe. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Game Creation Thread   Major Game Creation Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Game Creation Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2